- Doctoral Research (Visual Art), Queensland University of Technology, completed 2019.
- Bachelor of Fine Art (Visual Art) with First Class Honours, Queensland University of Technology, Brisbane (2014).
- Bachelor of Fine Art (Visual Arts) with High Distinction, Griffith University, Queensland College of Art, Brisbane (2010-2013).
- Master of Commerce, University of Queensland, Brisbane (1998-2000).
- Bachelor of Arts, University of New England, NSW (1995-1998).
AWARDS / ACCREDITATION / GRANTS / RESIDENCIES
- PhD Visual Arts, Queensland University of Technology (2019)
- Higher Education Academy (HEA) Associate Fellow, 2017.
- APA Scholarship for Doctoral Research (Visual Art), Queensland University of Technology, commencing 2016-2019.
- Arts Queensland: Playing Queensland Fund (PQF) for Lamentation to tour Queensland 2015-2018.
- First Class Honours Fine Arts, Queensland University of Technology (2014).
- Dean’s List for Excellent Academic Performance, Queensland University of Technology (2014).
- Godfrey River Medal for outstanding studio performance, Queensland College of Art (2013).
- James Street Precinct, Brisbane, four-week residency, 2012.
- Metro Arts 2-day residency (2011) for Exist-ence Festival 3.
- Vice Chancellor Award for Academic Excellence Queensland College of Art (2010-2013).
- Mentorship, Exchange & Fellowship Program (MAGSQ) (2011) at Bundaberg Regional Art Gallery.
- Golden Key International Honours Society.
SELECTED EXHIBITED WORK
- Home of the Brave, Umbrella Studios, Townsville, October 2020 (upcoming).
- [Performance/Happening], Dr Brave Girl and the extraordinary Hooping Loop, 26 October 2019.
- Creative Industries Precinct, Brisbane, QLD (PhD Final exhibition), 28 November – 3 December 2018.
- Maitland Regional Art Gallery, NSW, 3 February – 29 April 2018.
- Frank Moran Memorial Hall Gallery, QUT, Brisbane, QLD, 31 July – 5 August 2017.
- Redland Art Gallery, QLD, 5 February – 19 March 2017.
- The Laundry Artspace, Brisbane, August 2016.
- Pine Rivers Art Gallery, QLD, 21 July – 3 September 2016.
- Hervey Bay Regional Art Gallery, QLD, 23 March – 9 May 2016.
- Gympie Regional Gallery, QLD, 23 February – 19 March 2016.
- Tableland Regional Art Gallery, QLD, 1 September – 17 October 2015.
- Logan Art Gallery, QLD, 10 June – 25 July 2015.
- Bundaberg Regional Art Gallery, QLD, 26 March – 23 May 2015.
- Crows Nest Regional Art Gallery, QLD, 11 February – 15 March 2015.
- The Hold Artspace, Brisbane, QLD, July 2014.
The KACA Projects:
- 43 Minutes, The KACA Projects, Side Gallery, Red Hill, Brisbane (March 2020).
- [Happening], Benny, The KACA Projects, Art Gallery of NSW, January 2020.
- Annual, Boxcopy Art Gallery, Brisbane (June 2019).
- Un/Comfortable, Woollangabba Power Station (November 2018).
- The Annual, Boxcopy Art Gallery, Brisbane (April 2017).
- Finalist Stanthorpe Art Festival Art Prize, (June/July 2016).
- Creative Industries QUT / Art and Design FJU Anniversary Exhibition, Fu Jen University, Japan (May 2016).
- Finalist Moreton Bay Art Awards, 2016, Pine Rivers Art Gallery, Brisbane (May 2016).
- The Annual, Boxcopy Art Gallery, Brisbane (April 2016).
- Alone Together, Boxcopy Art Gallery, Brisbane (June/July 2015).
- Finalist Excerpts: Visual Arts Graduate Showcase, Queensland University of Technology, QLD (Nov 2014).
- Everything All At Once, Queensland University of Technology, QLD (Dec 2014).
- Finalist Graduate Art Show (GAS), Griffith University Art Gallery (Nov 2013).
- Limen, Queensland College of Art (Nov 2013).
- Exist-ence Festival 5, Project Gallery QCA, These Dolls Talk (June 2013).
- one in five, Goodwill Bridge, (May 2012).
- Shop Pty Ltd, Propriety Limited Art Collective (Dec 2012).
- The Proposal, Zammit Projects, Ryan Renshaw Gallery (Sept 2012).
- Across the Threshold, Redcliffe City Art Gallery (Jan 2012).
- Exist-ence Festival 3, Brisbane Powerhouse, Conversation 1 (Oct 2011).
- International Study Tour, Queensland College of Art (Oct 2011).
- It’s Personal, Queensland College of Art (2011).
- Repetition, Queensland College of Art (2011).
Academic & Professional Publication
- (Un)Making Genius Fetish, Helsinki Photomedia Conference, Aalto University, Finland, April 2020 (postponed CO-VID19).
- #SoBrave: Embodying the Tropes of Neoliberal Feminine Bravery in Parodic Performance, Art Association of Australia and New Zealand (AAANZ), Auckland University, December 2019.
- Strategic Confession in the Contemporary Visual Art Practices of Women, Women in the Creative Arts conference (ANU Canberra), August 2017.
- February 2018 – current: Sessional Tutor, Creative Industries, Queensland University of Technology, Brisbane.
- July 2017 – July 2018: Sessional Tutor, Fine Arts, Queensland College of Arts, Brisbane.
- June 2015 – current: Membership Officer, Public Galleries Queensland (PGQ) and Australian Museums and Galleries Association Queensland (AMaGAQ) at Museums and Galleries Queensland.
- January 2016 – 2017: Queensland Representative for the Emerging Museum Professionals Network (EMP).
- November 2015 – May 2017: Committee member on the organising committee for the 2017 Museums Australia Conference, Brisbane.
- January 2015 – December 2016: Coordinator, FASST, Panoptic Press.
- June 2015 – September 2016: Assistant Curator, Moreton Bay Regional Council for the exhibition A Conversation about Portraiture.
- November 2011 – July 2014: Institute of Modern Art, Media and Communications Officer.
- July 2010 – July 2013: Museum & Gallery Services Queensland, Membership Officer.
- February 2012 – July 2012: Peer Assisted Student Service Leadership Program (PASS), Griffith University, Queensland College of Art.
- April 2010 – June 2012: Royal Queensland Art Society, Office Manager and Gallery Assistant.